Permits + Applications (Prospero)Intuitive by Design | Implemented with Experience | Supported with Passion
Prospero is Tempest’s program for managing the permitting and application process across various departments within local government. It is designed to integrate with Tempest’s Land system and related modules to provide a seamless enterprise-wide solution to address all requirements involved in the Community Development process. When integrated with other Tempest modules, including Land, Property Taxation, Utility Billing and Licensing, it leverages your investment in existing information by centralizing diverse and decentralized data sources and applications.
Major advantages of this approach include increased efficiency and the reduction of administrative costs involved in storage, maintenance and synchronization of duplicate records across various departments. Additional benefits of the Tempest solution include the ability to share property addresses, legal descriptions, names and other related information across all departments. Work flow management ensures effective tracking of the many steps involved in the application process. Scheduling of key activities, such as public hearings, issuance of permits, deposits and the ability to attach all related documents, regardless of format or type, reduces the risk of missing a step or misplacing an important document. At the same time, the system compiles a very detailed history of all aspects of a process for future reference and risk mitigation.
Other features of Prospero, when integrated with Tempest’s Cash Receipting, facilitate acceptance of payments against permits, applications and deposits. Also, our GL Interface module provides the ability to export receivables and payments to most industry leading General Ledger applications. Optional real-time integration is also available with Mpowered’s FieldPro to allow building inspectors to complete their tasks in the field in a more efficient and flexible manner. Both business and citizen service can be greatly enhanced by the addition of Tempest’s MyCity, our Web portal module, facilitating online status enquiries for permits and applications.
- Flexibility to attach a wide variety of document types to a single record
- Integrated Community Development system, which tracks a wide variety of activities including permits and applications, deposits, development securities and development cost charges
- Tight integration with your Cash Collections, General Ledger, Business Licensing, Engineering Services and Geographic Information systems
- Fully user-definable permits and application types
- Multiple permit and application types can be attached to a single project
- Associate multiple properties to individual permits or applications
- Associate an unlimited number of user-definable people with a permit or application
- Reduced data entry through sharing of data with Tempest’s Land and Owner Names database
- Unlimited Fee Types and deposits
- Unlimited Special Conditions
- Unlimited number of setbacks categories
- User definable attributes
- Accept Deposits and permit issuance via Cash Collections
- Stats Canada building and work code tracking and automated file export
- Full General Ledger and subledger integration
- Integrated with Word Processing for automated letter/form generation
- Optional integration to Mpowered FieldPro for remote inspections using Blackberries
Contact us today for a demo or a quote.