Professional ServicesIntuitive by Design | Implemented with Experience | Supported with Passion
Tempest’s Implementation approach is designed to involve users from all levels of your organization, refine business practices to make the best use of the software and ensure success and buy-in for all departments involved. Working with your project manager, your Tempest coordinator will help you manage a smooth and welcome transition.
1) Project Management
The implementation strategy for a product goes thorough the following stages:
- Install Software
- Preliminary Conversion
- Fit Analysis and Power User Training
- Programming Changes
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Changes Arising from QA Testing
- Re-install of Software
- Client Site Testing
- Final Conversion
- User Training
- Acceptance and Sign Off
Installation of the Tempest software is the first stage of the Implementation Plan. This provides the users involved in fit analysis with a base on which to assess their requirements. After necessary modifications identified during fit analysis are determined, the software will be re-installed at your site for your testing before acceptance.
Tempest’s standard conversion process uses conversion programs to convert your data into Tempest formats. This requires that you provide Tempest with data files in specific formats. Tempest will provide you with a data dictionary document for each system requiring conversion. These documents outline how the data is to be formatted for the Tempest conversion programs.
Once your data is in the required format, it is forwarded to Tempest (usually via e-mail). Tempest will then set up a client database at the Tempest office. This allows Tempest to perform trials of the data conversion process to ensure that input files are in the correct format and that the results are as expected. There may be questions from your staff or Tempest’s staff about the format of the data being converted. These questions should be directed through the Tempest Client Coordinator and your Project Manager. There may also be additional data that you want to convert. This should be discussed when it is discovered. Depending on your contract, additional charges may be required for custom conversion scripts.
When the preliminary conversion is complete, Tempest can visit your site (with the converted data) and perform the Fit Analysis process.
4) Fit Analysis
The fit process is designed to determine how your business processes, bylaws and staff will work with the Tempest applications. It generally includes the following activities, ensuring that all elements for a successful project are laid out before final conversion and training.
- Definition of Custom Forms: in order to speed up delivery of forms and to reduce cost to the municipality, we provide six samples from which you can select one. Minor changes (site specific information such as name, address, phone number, MICR account, etc.) will be made by Tempest free of charge.
- Decision on and entry of control file setup and parameter specific information for each system: provide checklists to staff prior to the fit meeting so that many decisions can be made off-line. During the meeting, the information can be clarified and entered.
- Business process decisions: determine how the new system will change procedures for city staff.
- Application Review: briefly discuss how to find help, get support, print documentation and determine which application performs which function so that staff can set up data for testing prior to training.
- Security Setup: define user permissions for each function.
- Data Conversion Review: discuss how data has been or will be converted, the status of the conversion project to date and plan for your site’s data review.
- Documentation of Fit Issues and Process Decisions
5) Packaged Service Offerings
For existing clients, Tempest provides a number of packaged service offerings. To view information and pricing for packaged services:
- Log in to the Client Access Web site.
- In the menu on the left side of the screen, under Documents, click Consulting Services.
- Click the service for which you want to view information and pricing.
Contact us today for a demo or a quote.